CLAY MAKERS' MARKET
OPEN CALL FOR CLAY MAKERS, POTTERS, CERAMISTS, ARTISTS & CRAFTSPEOPLE
Registrations are open for the 2nd Singapore Clay Festival.
Show and sell your ceramic creations at the Clay Makers’ Market, and you may be selected for our curated Shaping Clay exhibition.
What’s New at the Clay Makers’ Market
More space to shop around!
Book a table OR a stand!
Demonstrations & throwdowns (Info coming soon)
NEW-format stands (table + space) (2m x 2m)
Dates & Details
SINGAPORE CLAY FESTIVAL
2 - 5 NOVEMBER 2023
Artspace @ Helutrans
39 Keppel Road, #01-05 Tanjong Pagar Distripark, Singapore 089065
Thu 2 Nov
Thu 2 Nov
Fri 3 Nov
Sat 4 Nov
Sun 5 Nov
10 am – 12 pm
12 pm – 8 pm
10 am – 8 pm
10 am – 8 pm
10 am – 6 pm
HOW TO APPLY
Application to participate in the Festival is open to professional and amateur potters. Applicants under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or guardian.
Application for the CLAY MAKERS’ MARKET closes Friday 14 July 2023.
All accepted applicants for the CLAY MAKERS’ MARKET will be eligible to submit their portfolio for consideration by the Selection Panel for SHAPING CLAY, a Curated Group Exhibition (see below).
CLAY MAKERS’ MARKET APPLICATIONS
Apply and pay the application fee for either of the following options. Application fee covers use for all 4 Clay Makers’ Market days (2 – 5 November). Unsuccessful applicants will receive a full refund.
Table: S$500 (table of 60 cm x 120 cm). Includes 1 chair. No electrical power point.
Stand: S$1,000 (table of 60 cm x 120 cm + space for own display. Total space approx. 2m x 2m. Includes 2 chairs. No electrical power point.)
Each booking may be procured individually or by groups of:
- up to 3 people per Table
- up to 5 people per Stand
No sales commission will be charged by the Organizers for sales at the Clay Makers’ Market .
Complimentary tickets for your guests:
• Per Table - 50 complimentary tickets
• Per Stand - 80 complimentary tickets
The Organizers will confirm acceptance of applications by Friday 28 July 2023.
Parental supervision is required for accepted applicants between 7 and 18 years old.
Commercial ceramic studios, workshops, and crafting and teaching centres may also apply for participation at the Clay Makers’ Market.
Applications are not open to commercial art galleries.
Withdrawal and Revocation of Applications
• Withdrawals of applications must be made on or before Wednesday 30 August 2023. The Organizers will refund 90% of the application fee.
• No refunds will be made if notice of withdrawal is given after Wednesday 30 August 2023.
• The Organizers reserve the right to revoke accepted applications without cause and will refund the full application fees paid.
Curated Group Exhibition (This application may be submitted at the same time as your Clay Makers' Market application)
Submit your portfolio by Friday 14 July 2023
- Each applicant of the Clay Makers’ Market may submit their portfolios (minimum 8 – 10 images), of works produced no earlier than 2018, for consideration for exhibition at SHAPING CLAY. Please include a short artist statement for the works you are submitting for consideration.
This exhibition will feature 8 – 10 selected participants only.
- Selected participants will be asked to submit works for exhibition, with 4 – 6 clay works to be chosen by the Selection Panel.
This exhibition is not thematic and seeks to give a current, selective view of noteworthy clay works made by potters based in Singapore. The Selection Panel seek to exhibit works in clay that are artistic, original, innovative, fresh, creative, stretching the boundaries of ceramic work, that may have a sense of cultural identity and imagination.
No additional participation fee is payable for this submission. However, a 30% sales commission of the sale price of the work will be charged by the Organizers for sales at SHAPING CLAY.
The Organizers will confirm whether your clay works have been selected for Shaping Clay by Monday 14 August 2023. This enables participants to exhibit new works by November 2023.
• Applications for the Clay Makers’ Market will close on Friday 14 July 2023
• The Organizers will send updates and information about the Festival to applicants by email.
Delivery and installation:
Collection & bump out:
2 pm - 8 pm, Wednesday, 1 November 2023
10 am – 12 pm, Thursday, 2 November
10 am – 8 pm, 2 – 4 November
10 am – 6 pm, 5 November
6 - 8 pm Sunday, 5 November